The Timmerman Composite Squadron’s color guard is shown on Miller Park's Jumbotron as the Stevens Point (below left) and Waukesha (below right) composite squadrons march below.
(Far left) Capt. Ben Unger, Waukesha commander, and Maj. Thomas Kondziella, his Timmerman counterpart, confer with their respective units’ color guards before their appearance at ... Stadium. In the foreground are the Stevens Point color guard cadets.
Marching onto the field are the color guards from:
Stevens Point – (from left) Cadet Master Sgt. Erik Beckland, Cadet Tech. Sgt. Michael Kulp and Cadet Senior Master Sgts. Kyle Rentmeester and Tikvah Kulp.
Timmerman – (from left) Cadet Senior Airman Avery Currie, Cadet Staff Sgt. Andrew Parr, Cadet Master Sgt. Brittany Waltho and Cadet Airman 1st Class Andrew Hansen.
Waukesha – (from left) Cadet Tech. Sgts. Amanda Schuman and Stephanie Hopkins and Cadet Airmen 1st Class Jamie McGregor and Jamie Hanek.
Photos by Capt. Jeri Gonwa, Wisconsin Wing
Capt. Jeri Gonwa
Public Affairs Officer
WISCONSIN – The Milwaukee Brewers ultimately fell short of qualifying for the National League’s second wild-card playoff spot, but slim hope was still alive when more than 38,000 fans turned out Sept. 30 at Miller Park to see the home team host the Houston Astros – a contest featuring color presentations by the Stevens Point, Timmerman and Waukesha Composite Squadron Color Guard teams.
More than 60 fellow Civil Air Patrol members, family and friends watched with pride as the three color guards performed as part of the opening ceremony.
The color guards’ members:
Stevens Point Composite Squadron
- Cadet Tech. Sgt. Michael Kulp, color guard commander
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Kyle Rentmeester, squadron flag bearer
- Cadet Master Sgt. Erik Beckland, left rifleman
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Tikvah Kulp, right rifleman
Timmerman Composite Squadron
- Cadet Staff Sgt. Andrew Parr, color guard commander
- Cadet Master Sgt. Brittany Waltho, squadron flag bearer
- Cadet Senior Airman Avery Currie, left rifleman
- Cadet Airman 1st Class Andrew Hansen, right rifleman
Waukesha Composite Squadron
- Cadet Tech. Sgt. Stephanie Hopkins, color guard commander
- Cadet Airman 1st Class Jamie McGregor, squadron flag bearer
- Cadet Tech. Sgt. Amanda Schuman, left rifleman
- Cadet Airman 1st Class Jamie Hanek, right rifleman