NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS – Saturday, Aug. 25, will be “Cadet Day” at the Civil Air Patrol National Conference & Annual Board in Baltimore, offering young CAP members a wide range of activities for a special one-day registration fee of $35, including lunch.
Participating cadets will have the opportunity to:
- Meet Col. Mary Feik, the aviation legend and longtime CAP member.
- Receive uniform tips from the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard.
- Explore careers with the CIA.
- Find out how to get selected for the U.S. Air Force Academy.
- Build and operate robots.
- Learn about remote-controlled aircraft.
- Meet Maj. Gen. Chuck Carr, CAP national commander.
- Check out CAP historical exhibits.
- Speak with members of the National Cadet Advisory Council.
The activities will be free to those already registered for the full conference, which will be held Aug. 23-25 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, preceded by two days of preconference workshops.