The Train-the-Trainer Course participants and staff – (first row, from left), Col. Kenneth Parris, character development instructor; Chaplain, Lt. Cols. Ronny Whitt, Nancy Smalley, Alvianette Kennedy, Linda Pugsley (ChESS/TTT instructor), Marcus Taylor (ChESS director/ITT instructor) and Steven Thomas; Chaplain, Capt. Michael Morison; (second row, from left) Chaplain, Lt. Cols. Donald Mikitta, John Joslin, Wayne Byerly, Sergio Freeman, Van Don Williams (ChESS instructor/TTT registrar, Gary Eno (third row, from left) and David Smelser; Chaplain, Capt. Kevin Massey; and Chaplain, Lt. Col. Col Harrell Cobb.
Photo by Susan Schneider, National Headquarters
Civil Air Patrol Chaplain Corps members from across the organization completed the inauguralTrain-the-Trainer Course for the new Chaplain Corps Emergency Services School (ChESS) this week.
These chaplains and a character development instructor, who gathered for training at National Headquarters at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, will be able to serve as potential staff for the school and SET agents in their various wings and regions.
The new ES School has been established as an additional training venue forChaplain Corps personnel, both chaplains and character development instructors, and is now a permanent addition to CAP National Emergency Services Academy (NESA).
It will be operated under the umbrella of the Incident Command System School, directed by Col. Ricky Oeth. This school will provide ES training for Chaplain Corps members comparable to the training received by all other ES/Operations disciplines in CAP.
The curriculum and mission training activity will ensure that the Chaplain Corps is fully trained, ready and able to provide chaplain support for all CAP missions – real-world, large-scale disaster missions and Air Force support.
- Chaplain, Lt. Cols. Kenneth Parris and Marcus Taylor, ChESS director/ITT instructor
Great Lakes Region
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Steven Thomas
Middle East Region
- Chaplain, Lt. Cols. Wayne Byerly and Alvianette Kennedy
North Central Region
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Donald Mikitta
- Chaplain, Lt. Cols. Sergio Freeman; Linda Pugsley, ChESS/TTT instructor; and Van Don Williams, ChESS instructor/TTT registrar
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Ronny Whitt
- Chaplain, Capt. Michael Morison, Redwood Empire Composite Squadron 157
- Col. Rickey Oeth, Group 1
- Chaplain Capt. Kevin Massey, Group 2
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. David Smelser, Wing Headquarters
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Gary Eno, Wing Headquarters
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. John Joslin, Wing Headquarters
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Col Harrell Cobb, Greeneville Composite Squadron
- Chaplain, Lt. Col. Nancy Smalley, Red Oak Cadet Squadron
- Chaplain, Capt. Joseph Breault, Salt Lake Senior Squadron