(Front row, from left) Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Zophia Raleigh of the Anoka County Composite Squadron; Cadet 2nd Lt. Valerie Kolyadenko of the St. Croix Composite Squadron; Col. Jerry Rosendahl, Minnesota Wing commander; (second row, from left) Maj. David Dlugiewicz, Hutchinson Composite Squadron commander; Cadet 1st Lt. Jacob Jones, Duluth Composite Squadrons; Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Caitlin Albright, Anoka County squadron; Cadet Staff Sgt. Hunter Brindley, Mankato Composite Squadron; and (third row) Lt. Col. Larry Brockshus, wing safety officer.
S. Sanford Schlitt, Air Force Association board of directors chairman, and Lt. Col. Larry Brockshus, AFA teacher of the year for Minnesota.
Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Caitlin Albright, flanked by (left) S. Sanford Schlitt of the AFA and Vic Seavers, AFA’s Minnesota president, with her award for providing the name of The CyberSentinel, the newsletter for CyberPatriot, the AFA’s national high school cyber security competition.
Photos by Capt. George Supan, Minnesota Wing
Capt. George Supan
Public Affairs Officer
Anoka County Composite Squadron
MINNESOTA – Eight members from six squadrons and Minnesota Wing Headquarters were honored recently on the Air Force Association’s Chapter 213 Gen. E.W. Rawlings Chapter Annual Awards Night for their services to community and country.
Presenting the awards were S. Sanford Schlitt, chairman of the AFA board of directors and Civil Air Patrol Board of Governors member, and Vic Seavers, Minnesota AFA president. Schlitt served as guest speaker for the gathering at at St. Paul’s Town and Country Club.
The two handed out the following awards:
- Noncommissioned Officers of the Year – Cadet Staff Sgt. Hunter Brindley, Mankato Composite Squadron, and Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Zophia Raleigh, Anoka County Composite Squadron.
- Cadet Officers of the Year – Cadet 1st Lt. Jacob Jones, Duluth Composite Squadron, and Cadet 2nd Lt. Valerie Kolyadenko, St. Croix Composite Squadron.
- Contributions to Aviation and Aerospace Education – Maj. David Dlugiewicz, commander, Hutchinson Composite Squadron, and Capt. Marcel Kobberdahl, commander, Crow Wing Composite Squadron.
- Teacher of the Year – Lt. Col. Larry Brockshus, Minnesota Wing safety officer.
- National CyberPatriot Award – Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Caitlin Albright, Anoka County Composite Squadron, who provided the name for the AFA national high school cyber security competition’s newsletter, The CyberSentinel.
“It was an honor to receive the award from Schlitt. who started the Cyber Patriot program,” Albright said. “He also gave me a nice coin."
Col. Jerry Rosendahl, wing commander, congratulated the members on their awards and thanked them for their service.
“It’s great to see an organization like AFA recognize CAP members for their contribution to our communities and country,” Rosendahl said.
Other AFA awards went to members of Junior ROTC and ROTC squadrons and the 133rd and 934th Airlift Wings.